The more I drink, the stronger I get! And I use that to fight crime...when I'm conscious anyways. So evil-doers beware! But don't do evil during Happy Hour. It's just not right.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Greetings and Salutations!

I bet you weren't expecting that kind of a title here now, were you? Of for it to be spelled correctly for that matter. But it is, and hopefully things will change around here now for the better.

For I am sober.

For the first time in about 8 years too, I think. And it's all thanks to Mofo and his decision to send me undercover.

Turns out that the super-secret villainous organization that we thought was being based out of a fake rehab center, was actually not. It was a real rehab center. The real evil organization was across town in an abandoned factory (how trite). I found that out about 2 days into treatment and decided to stick around when I felt that they were truly helping me to identify which personal demons I was trying to drown in alcohol. And they helped me to see that I may be a more valuable member of the team, and society as a whole, by remaining sober and dedicating my life in a much clearer capacity.

So, now I'm going to go back and rectify any and all mistakes I may have caused and ask for forgiveness from all that I have wronged. I'm going to be a while, I'm afraid. But I guess I'll start with those closest to home. In my home, actually.

And I'm also contemplating a new monicker as well. "Liquid Courage" just does not fit any more. I just don't know about any powers that I may have now that I'm not an "alcohol-fueled butt kicking machine" as I was want to call myself in the past. I guess I'll have to rely on my wits (now that I have them back) until I can perform some tests and take the "wait and see" approach.

So wish me luck as I strike out to overcome the evils of the world, and also in my own redemptive struggle. Just as Andrew once told us "Redemption is hard."

And thank you again, Mofo. My dear friend; whether you meant to or not, you have helped to place me back on the tacks to righteousness and valor. Thank you.

Adieu,
Formerly Known as "Liquid Courage"

2 Comments:

Blogger Liquid Courage said...

...Thank you. No doubt it will be hard to stay vigilant in my new-found sobriety, but I'm sure with your help and counsel I'll be able to stay "on the wagon" and contribute to the team. I was actually thinking of maybe helping out with some of the strategies and quite possibly being a co-leader? What would you say?

Monday, 31 October, 2005

 
Blogger Liquid Courage said...

Very well. I can be patient until we're ready to get underway.

I'll just go back and re-read my field strategy books and my copy of Sun Tzu's The Art of War. Not surprisingly, I can't remember too much of them.

Also, I'm glad I'll have some time to sit down with the rest of the team and work a few things out before we go jumping into the testing phase.

Wow! All my synapses are firing again. this is a great feeling indeed. Henry McCoy would be proud.

Monday, 31 October, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home