The more I drink, the stronger I get! And I use that to fight crime...when I'm conscious anyways. So evil-doers beware! But don't do evil during Happy Hour. It's just not right.

Monday, October 17, 2005

It's hard to be creative in the face of danger.

I tried coming up with a battle cry to make my foes tremble with fear when they knew I was about to engage them in mortal combat, or at least a pretty good backyard brawl. I just didn’t realize how hard it was to come up with something different and intimidating. So I kept trying them out after one of our team meetings. Everyone was nice enough to help me out with their constructive criticism. I think this is how it went (Sponsor's note: I heard that it was.):
Liquid Courage: “It’s clobberin’ time!”
Shit Kicker: “Um, that one’s taken, man.”

LC: “Up, up and away!”
Masked Mofo: “You’re shittin’ me, right? Now you’re just ripping off Superman. AND you can’t even fly.”
The Reverend: “That we know of.”
Mofo: “Can you fly?”
SK: “I’ve seen him fall kinda slow, but I don’t think he can fly.”

LC: “Spoon!”
Rev: “………..Obscure, but taken.”

LC: “Boobies!”
Mofo: “Jesus Christ.”
Rev: “Don’t take the Lord’s name in vain.”
Mofo: “Aw shove it, padre.”
The Slut: “I kinda like it.”
Mofo: “Don’t encourage him.”

LC: “Yaaaarrrrrr!”
Pretty Boy Slim: “A fucking pirate?”
Mofo: “This is a complete waste of time. I have better things to do.”
SK: “Yeah, like making me an Oreo Blizzard at Dairy Queen.”
Mofo: “That’s it. I’m outta here. I’ll see you assholes later.”
Slut: “I think you should go with ‘Boobies’.”
PBS: “Yeah, you can’t sound any dumber than usual, and it’ll probably confuse the shit out of everyone long enough for us to get the drop on ‘em. I say go with “Boobies”.
Rev: “At least we’ll get a laugh out of it.”

So for now, evil shall tremble in their colorful (and very flamboyant in some cases) unitards and wet themselves whenever they hear the dreaded battle cry “Boobies!”

LC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home