The more I drink, the stronger I get! And I use that to fight crime...when I'm conscious anyways. So evil-doers beware! But don't do evil during Happy Hour. It's just not right.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Nah nah nah nah nah… Nah Nah Nah! Nah nah nah nah nah… NAH NAH NAAAAH!!

I used to like Superman. Well, I mean, I still do; but his new movie is kinda pissing me off.

Everywhere we go now, we get compared to Superman. And we all get asked if we have superpowers like him and if we’re aliens and if we have evil archnemeses/nemisis/nemeses/whatever.

Back when X-Men and Batman Begins came out we really didn’t have that kinda problem. Actually, people thought we were cool. Well, they thought most of us were cool. Others, not so much… Anyhoo, the public thought we were mutants or vigilante-type heroes, and they kinda appreciated us helping them out all the time.

This is the Superman who's MY inspiration.


Now, everyone thinks all heros need to be like Superman and whatnot. That we are being held to some kinda new standard, that our apparent licenses aren’t even good enuf for people now. Not to mention the name calling. Yes sometimes bullets can bounce off me and yes, sometimes I can chuck a tank to the other side of town; but words can hurt people. Especially the variations of “Superman”. Like, “Stuporman” and “Superdrunk”. But I guess it’s better than what some of the others have been getting: Mofo’s been tagged with “Superdouche”, Pontification Insomnia got “Superfag”, SK got a big one with “SuperfreakingripoffofBatman”, and the list goes on.

So, it’s just not fair when you’ve got one FAKE (as Mofo likes to point out) superhero that everyone else has to try and live up to. What if everyone else had to try and live up to somebody, huh? Like Gandhi or Moses…or Christopher Reeve? See what I mean? Not easy. So, take it easy on us. We’re doin the best we can to be the good guys here.

LC


Plus, I hear that new Superman is a flamer. Not the kinda flamer like Photohunt Integra is with his powers. Although, PI is really freaking obsessed with his old boy kid sidekick, Wundersomethin.

1 Comments:

Blogger oppy00 said...

Just cause I cry a lot doesn't make me a fag. And having flame powers doesn't make me a flamer!

Tuesday, 04 July, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home