The more I drink, the stronger I get! And I use that to fight crime...when I'm conscious anyways. So evil-doers beware! But don't do evil during Happy Hour. It's just not right.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Back to basics. Again.

While The Masked Mofo is on a self-imposed sabbatical, I have volunteered to lead our ranks in the fight against evil, tyranny, and those who would do wrong to the innocent. And if time permits, to help get our own house in order. Both literally and figuratively, I mean the place is absolutely filthy.


I bought a police scanner along with a few other handy items last night while I was out. You'd have thought that an organized group of superheroes would have had one already, and also maybe even a map of the city we live in; so as to help figure out where we need to be when we hear the police radio in distress calls about giant robots and radioactive dinosaurs. Which by the way, I heard calls coming in about both of those; so I just didn't come up with those as examples. Who still uses giant robots? That is so very passe and reminiscent of Dr. Von Voltischmeer from the 1940's and '50's.

But alas, I was the only one in the apartment when the calls came in, so I had to tackle them solo. Without the aid of my previous self's "powers" as well, so I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to approach either situation. Luckily, another band of our superheroic brethren took care of both the problems. Handily, I might add. So I did get a good chance to see how a well-organized group of meta-humans can easily tackle the titanium and radioactive problems at hand.

After witnessing that particular display of heroics, it seems I need to get the others in the Association (has anyone else but me noticed that the acronym for our group is "ass"?) to fall in line and be ever vigilant on the look out for evil and ready to strike at a moments notice. I think we need a boot camp-esque technique to get us all on the same page. And to set up regular meetings again with everyone in attendance, not just when we have a quorum.

Well, I'm off to gather the troops and start to instill a sense of pride in what we do and help to strengthen the bond we all share as a "team".

(Formerly) LC

1 Comments:

Blogger Liquid Courage said...

As long as the blood of Christ is made from grape juice, you've got yourself a deal.

As for SK, to each his own.

Friday, 04 November, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home